Now is a great time to have a destination wedding away… And somewhere warm! Allow us to introduce you to CostaBaja Resort & Spa!
This fabulous and safely gated, beachside resort & spa is located within the Marina CostaBaja, and is about 2 hours and 45 minutes drive from SJD (Los Cabos International Airport) and 20 minutes from LAP (El Alto International Airport) in La Paz. As for flights depending on where you are in Canada there may be direct options to SJD available. In order to fly to LAP you will need to connect in Mexico City, MEX (Benito Juárez International Airport).
This property is perfect for the couple who prefers a intimate setting without the hustle and bustle of a large and busy resort.
CostaBaja Resort & Spa is equipped with 115 rooms that consist of the following categories, King Golf View, Double, Jr. Suite & Super Suite Golf View, Marina View, and Sea View. There are also 2 restaurants and 2 bars, plus in-room dining.
The Gateway to the Sea of Cortez, La Paz is the capital of Baja California Sur; with a rich international culture spanning 500 years, and less than a 10 minute drive from CostaBaja Resort & Spa.
Within the resort there are plenty of activities for everyone, from golf to spa, to whale watching, diving and swimming with wild sea lions!
There is no better way to experience CostaBaja than by cruising the calm turquoise waters of The Sea of Cortez. Home to the three leading Marine Biology Institutes in Latin America, The Sea of Cortez is one of the most biodiverse bodies of water in the world. All of the islands in The Sea of Cortez are under UNESCO protection as World Heritage Bio-Reserves and Espiritu Santo Island, which borders the southeastern portion of the Bay of La Paz, are considered the crown jewels of the islands.
Here are some of the many things I love about CostaBaja Resort & Spa …
- The environment is calming and serene
- If you prefer more intimate accommodations private villas are available with pool, chef and housekeeping service.
- One wedding per day rule
- There is a gorgeous Catholic church in town, about 10-15 minutes drive
- All of the outdoor wedding location options have fantastic views of the golf course/ desert, marina, and sea.
- They love to customize! From the menu to décor, event setup, etc., their staff aim to please.
- Amazing and talented culinary team. All seafood is caught fresh daily
- Friendly and fun destination management company who coordinates group activities and transportation
- The resort itself has complimentary shuttle service to and from downtown, about 10-15 minutes drive. The town is filled with fabulous restaurants, market, bars, etc.
- If you love marine wildlife like me in one day I was able to, swim with wild sea lions, whale watched & played tag with wild dolphins.